We have moved to our new blog home!

Click HERE to visit us there.


Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Die Cuts R Us Challenge: Keep The Date


It's Tuesday and you know what that means! A new challenge at DCRU! This week's challenge:
USE A DATE AS THE MAIN FOCUS OF YOUR CARD, LO, OR ALTERED PROJECT.

Here is my creation for the Date Challenge:


Recipe:
Core'dinations CS
Melissa Frances PP
Cricut & Storybook Cartridge
Martha Stewart Punch & Ink
Cuttlebug & Swiss Dots Folder
Spellbinders Nestabilities

Here is Carole's beautiful creation:


Recipe:
Dark Blue CS: 6-1/2x5-12/2
Light Blue CS: 6x5
White CS: 5-1/2x4
Calendar Page:
Cuttlebug Embossing folder (for all 4 layers)
Small Butterfly punch
Cricut: Storybook Cartridge for title
Blue and White Polka Dot wide ribbon

Take a look at Cara's adorable card:



Recipe:

Spellbinders Nestibilities Petite Circles and Petite Scallop Circles, Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls Embossing Folder, 3D Dots White Adhesive Foam 1/8" Circles, Zots Large Memory 300 Count 1/2"- from DCRU Store; Stretch Your Imagination Cricut Cartridge; Stampin' Up Cardstock, jeweled brads and ticket punch; Prima flowers; unknown stickers.

Here's is Gwen's fabulous planner:



Recipe:
Quickutz: Epic Six; 4x8 Alpha-dragonfly; QK Strips Garden
Copic Markers
7gypsies: Binderie and Moulin Journal Kit, Tattered Angels Pearl
Misc: Fibers, stamps, inks

Diane's card is just beautiful and makes me excited that Autumn is around the corner:



Recipe: White and orange cs, Spellbinders Classic Ovals Nestabilities, Just Rite Calendar Borders & Centers Oval Set both available at Die Cuts R Us, Fiscars stamps, Tim Holtz mask, folk art black acrylic paint, crystal effects Stampin Up.

Here's Margie's lovely creation:



Recipe:
Paper(s): Prism and Bazzill CS
Stamp(s): StudioG
Ink(s): Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Epic Six Tool - using Small Circle Nestabilities and Cuttlebug Swiss Dots; Fiskar Lace Corner Punch; Creative Memories Corner Punch; Prima Flowers; K&Company Jewels; Making Memories Ribbon.

Have fun with this challenge! There's so many different ways to make a date! Don't forget to check out the DT's personal blogs to see the details of their projects. Can't wait to see what you make. Be sure to leave the link to your creation in the "Comments" section. And this week's winner will be getting a special prize!

21 comments:

Cara said...

Lovely card, Amber and DT gals-great cards and projects! What a fun challenge. Can't wait to see this week's creations.
Cara DCRU DT

1CardCreator said...

Great challenge Amber and it was so much fun to make this weeks challenge. The DT is quite amazing, all the details and creativity are awesome! So much to learn! I can't wait to see the challenge cards for this week!
~Diane (DCRU DT) <(*<*)>

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Such a fun challenge, Amber. All the DT Projects are great! I'm looking forward to all of the entries to this challenge. We've got 365 dates out there...the possibiities are endless! Have fun with this one and don't forget to post your direct link. We all want to see what you've done.

Smiles!
Gwen DT@DCRU

Sandi said...

Those are Great each one, what a design team! Thanks for inspiring. Sandi

- - Sheryl - - said...

Those are great! I was hoping to use a little bingo card image I had this week on a card or two.

here’s my card

DonnaMundinger said...

Sounds like a fun one! The DT projects are fabulous! xxD

Yvette said...

These projects are sooo cute! Love each of them!

Studio Lailani said...

I am really inspired to try different projects now!! Thanks for sharing your great ideas ladies!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Stunning creations everyone :)

I loved this challenge so much, I'll be posting a layout later today :) hee, hee!

Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Sandi said...

This was such a fun idea and one of my favorites, so yesterday I played with the idea and made a card for my son's birthday. It is posted on my blog. Happy Wednesday, Sandi
http://wwwpapertrail-celticwoman.blogspot.com/

Suzzi said...

All great. My anniversary is 10/31 so may lift the last one for a card. TFS.

Brainybairn said...

Lovely works of art by the CT! My take for this challenge! TFL!

Brainybairn said...

Sorry! hope this link works!

GiuliaG. said...

Gosh, I had so much fun creating this layout. I was so inspired by the beautiful work by the DT. Here's my creation:

http://scrapellasblog.blogspot.com/2009/08/die-cuts-r-us-challenge-save-date.html

1CardCreator said...

Wow, what a talented group of followers! I've checked all your sites and the work is absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for participating in the DCRU DT Tuesday Challenge.
~Diane (DCRU DT) <(*<*)>

Shauna K said...

LOVE the inspiration :D This was a hard one for me at first, but I like the outcome :) {card here}

Cara said...

I just went blog hopping and saw a lot of great ways to use a date on cards and layouts! Amber sure sparked some fabulous creativity out there!!
Cara DCRU DT

Amber said...

I just love seeing what everyone made for this challenge!!! Wonderful creations ladies!!!
Hugs
Amber

Linda said...

Super challenge!!
Very beautiful projects by the DT!!

Here’s my card.

Stephanie said...

Here's my Thanksgiving Card--a few minutes late due to technical difficulties with the camera and the computer(Camera battery went dead while I was uploading and I didn't notice right away--LOL! Hey--a girl has to multitask ya know--LOL! Anyway--I know it won't count, but I had fun with this challenge and you ladies had great projects this week! Thanks so much for another great challenge!
http://seastephscreations.blogspot.com/2009/08/dcru-challenge-keep-date.html

Irit Shalom said...

GREAT BLOG- I AM GLAD I FOUND YOU!!
AND BEST CHALLENGE EVER- SO I DID A LO TOTALLY BASED ON CALENDAR PAGE
HERE IS MY LO

Blog Widget by LinkWithin