We have moved to our new blog home!

Click HERE to visit us there.


Thursday, November 5, 2009

Quickutz 2x2 and Revolution 4x4 Dies

When you think of Quickutz, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? The Squeeze? The Revolution? Die Cuts? How about variety? Variety is one of the first things I think of when asked, "What is so great about Quickutz?"

I haven't come across a die cutting system that offers the vast selection of die cutting options or size variances that the Quickutz system does. There are 2x2 dies, 4x4 dies, Cookie Cutter Dies, 12" border dies, mega-mondo options for alphas in each size including 4x8 dies, you have themed sets and limited edition dies and sets. The best part...not only are they easy to use they are extremely portable too. (I've got some other brands that are just not very handy when it comes to lugging them off to a crop.)

These dies are a very compatible with other cutting systems too. So, if you don't own a Quickutz die cutting tool...don't rule out the possibilities of using them with your existing tools. There are lots of sandwich recipes out there for using dies in every die cutting machine I've investigated. Most of the websites are very good about offering you those recipes too.

What I'd like to focus on today are the 2x2 and 4x4 dies. As you will see in the image below I chose a few different Quickutz dies to create a project, including one of the Quickutz embossing folders.

Here you can see my dies strewn atop my Epic cutting system. As you can see the Epic allows for multiple die placement regardless of size and it makes cutting a lot faster. (If you didn't catch my Quickutz Squeeze Spotlight last week, click HERE to see how it is used with the 2x2 dies.)

Once everything was cut, assembled, chalked, inked, etc. Our little card turned out looking like this:

If you look closely, you'll notice that I used the negative scraps from our 4x4 die cut to create a frame on the inside of the card. I just love to use up those little extras.

This is only one tiny example of what is offered in the Quickutz die family. Please stop by the DCRU Store and check out the different selections there. You'll find variety and a good price. Claudia also has the new 4x4 Paper Doll and Fashion Doll Dies in stock. These are new releases and very, very cute.

Have a wonderful day!

Smiles!

Gwen

5 comments:

Cara said...

Cute card, Gwen, love the sheep! Enjoy a bit of rest today :o)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What an adorable card, Gwen!
I adore my Epic too! So fast and convenient ;)

Get some much deserved rest :*)
~ margie

Jessica Diedrich said...

What a SUPER cute card using those dies, Gwen! Thanks for the great post and I hope you can get some rest, too!

June Houck said...

Darling card! And I love that you used the negative of your scraps...genius :)

Amber said...

Oh Gwen what an adorable card. I just love sheep (even though we don't have any on the farm)!!! Love the colors! You make it look so easy!
Hugs
Amber

Blog Widget by LinkWithin