We have moved to our new blog home!

Click HERE to visit us there.


Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Week Blessings - Amber

This week the DCRU DT is taking a Thanksgiving holiday. Instead of focusing on projects and challenges, we are focusing on Thanksgiving and what we are thankful for. If any of our followers would like to do a thankful/blessings post on their blog, please leave the link in comments so we can check it out : )

First of all I want to share my little Book of Blessings I created with the Quickutz Accordian Book that is available at the DCRU Store. I used Paper from American Crafts "Blue Skies" Collection, also available at the Die Cuts R Us Store.



I added a scalloped border and used stickles for a little shine. For the embellishment on the front of my album, I simply punched a 2" circle punch. Then I added a small scalloped circle Nestie to the back of this. I used an American Craft Thicker, the letter "B" for my blessings album. I added a few buttons, Prima Flower, and stamped "2009" with my Heidi Swapp Script Date Stamper.



On the inside of my album I simply wrote what I was thankful for. I think doing a Blessing Book each Thanksgiving is a great tradition. And a blank book for friends and family would make a terrific gift.



Now it's time to share my blessings. Goodness, I am so thankful for all God does for me that I honestly don't know where to start. He has been so good to me this year. He has given me a wonderful family, Church family, home, job, and friends that sometimes it overwhelms me. My Papaw was very sick at the beginning of the year. He was in ICU and we really didn't think he would make it. God's healing touch was all it took! I'm so thankful Papaw is home and doing well. I am so blessed to have parents that always made me be the best I could be. I'm so thankful for my Hubby. We have such a happy life together, more than I ever dreamed of. I'm so thankful that God gave me this beautiful world to live in. I've always been an animal lover and growing up I always joked that I would be a sheep farmer! Well now I live happily on a little farm. Instead of sheep we have goats, but how good is God to even make that dream come true?!?

And in closing I am so thankful for our little Die Cuts R Us community! My Design Team friends are such a blessing. I have made dear friends here that I cherish. And all the wonderful people I have met thru DCRU, so many new blogging buddies! I'm thankful for each of you!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

5 comments:

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Great project! I am also thankful for you and your design team! :)

Happy (early) Thanksgiving!

Yvette said...

What a cuuuute album! Love it Amber!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Adorable mini album, Amber. You are a blessing to us too.

Smiles!
Gwen

Cara said...

Amber, lovely idea, your book! Have a wonderful holiday with your family!! Thankful for you as well :o)

LORi said...

Amber, Your Album is Super Sweet!! I am so happy and Thankful for you (for all your blessings)!! Big Hugs ~ LORi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin