We have moved to our new blog home!

Click HERE to visit us there.


Saturday, January 23, 2010

I {heart} my Cuttlebug!

Greetings, crafty girls! I am so excited to be a guest designer today for Die Cuts R Us! My name is Amanda Profumo (aka: Crafty Paper Girl) and I have been crafting for a long time! As a child I was always coloring and making things and the passion has followed me through life! I started stamping/card making at 16 and scrapbooking began in college. So, I have been into the thick of things for about 15 years! I have three small children, which are usually my scrapbook subjects and my card making has actually become a fun and lucrative business! Enough about me...

And now, for some craftiness! My husband gave me a Cuttlebug for Christmas. I had never used one before, but all my friends said I needed one! Well, they were right! I LOVE it! I ordered some Cuttlebug embossing folders and a set of Spellbinders dies from the DCRU store and as soon as they arrived, I started to play! And now, well, lets just say I'm hooked!



I used the swiss dots embossing folder on this card (it's my favorite!) and some leftover scraps of my Cosmo Cricket Snorkel paper. I hand cut the red hearts and the sentiment banner. The zig-zag strip is from Bazzill's, Just the Edge. I dressed up a few of the embossed dots with Basic Grey's Opaline half pearls. The card measures 5 inches square.
Other sentiments you can use with fish: "Birthday Fishes" and "Best Fishes".
After experimenting with my super cool Cuttlebug on various sheets of cardstock, I decided to try vellum. I got out a piece of green scrap and ran it through with the number embossing folder. Take a look...
Loved the way it turned out! And it was scrap paper! I made it into a birthday card for a special 3 year old and wanted the number "3" to really stand out. I flipped the vellum over and took my brown marker and colored it in. Then, attached it to my card with vellum adhesive. I also added that fancy label die cut that I also used the Cuttlebug for! I inked the edges, added some rub-ons, a chipboard "3", twine and a cute fabric covered brad and viola! A fantastic birthday card is born!
I hope you enjoyed my show and tell and feel a little inspired! Get out your Cuttlebug and make some cards, and if you don't have one, GET ONE! You won't be sorry!

6 comments:

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Amanda, thanks for sharing these darling cards. Cuttlebugs are wonderful. Enjoy creating with your little green machine.

Smiles!
Gwen

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

My 'Bug was the best purchase I've made for crafting -- of course, it has led to other great purchases like folders and Nesties. Have fun with it!

Love your ocean card -- an awesome idea!

Tricia said...

cute cute! I have to admit, my embossing folders are the most fun to collect **wink**

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Very cute! I got a Cuttlebug for x-mas too and love it!

laterg8r said...

such sweet cards :D

Steph Ackerman said...

Grat cards, love my cuttlebug too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin