We have moved to our new blog home!

Click HERE to visit us there.


Thursday, April 8, 2010

Inspiration: Die Cuts & Embossing Folders

Happy Thursday DCRU Friends!!

Sheri here bringing you this week's Inspiration post!! I thought that we could play with one of my new favorite paper collections and a few toys!!

Have you seen the NEW 6x6 Sampler pack of My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary??

Before we get started...Have you ever used Quickutz Dies?? They are super easy to use and a MUST HAVE in your die cut collection!! For those of you that have not had the opportunity to play with them before I wanted to show you a quick peek at how easy they are to run through your cuttlebug machines.

One of my favorite tips while using your dies is USE UP SCRAPS!!


For the first card I have for you I used adorable
Cupcake Quickutz Die!!

Do you see the texture on the top of the Cupcake?? I love adding texture and dimension to my cards. I used the D'Vine Swirl embossing folder by Cuttlebug. The frame is made up of the Scallop Square and Classic Circle Nestabilities by Spellbinders.


My next card uses the beautiful Butterfly 2 Quickutz Die!! It is layered on a Classic Circle and the NEW Big Scallop Square Nestabilities by Spellbinders.

If you look closely at the butterfly, I used the Candy Cane Stripe embossing folder by Cuttlebug. This folder is not only for your Christmas projects...it has become one of my favorites!! It is perfect for adding texture to many objects like butterflies and ice cream cones.



I hope that you have enjoyed my projects and will be inspired to use die cuts and embossing folders together on your next project!!

Before you go, make sure to check out the Quickutz 4x4 dies in the DCRU store, HERE!! They are on SALE through the weekend at 20% off regular price!!

Happy Stamping!!
Sheri

5 comments:

Cara said...

Gorgeous, Sheri! Thanks for sharing!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Sheri you did a wonderful job on this post. The cards you created look fantastic. Thanks for taking the time to put this together for us all.

Smiles!
Gwen

~*Joni said...

You are a guru!! Wonderful IP Sher! I love your cards, they are even more fabulous in real life. Your work with dies and folders are amazing! I can see Claudia selling out on these because of you. ;)

Claudia said...

Love your cards Sheri! That butterfly is just beautiful; love how you gave it dimension with the embossing folder. Its one of my favs!

Claudia
Owner-DCRU

Ivanka said...

Your card is beautiful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin