We have moved to our new blog home!

Click HERE to visit us there.


Friday, November 20, 2009

Spellbinder Nestabilities 101

Hi everyone! I'm Amber from the DCRU DT! Today I want to Spotlight the Spellbinder Nestabilities Scalloped Circles.



These are available at the Die Cuts R Us store along with many other shapes and sizes of Nesties.

First of all I want to give you a little Nestabilities lesson. I rememeber when I first heard of Nesties and I thought "what in the world is that???". Spellbinder is the manufacturing company that creates the product. Nestabilities are the product and they are little die cuts that are the exact shape and go from a smaller size to a larger size. Nesties are compatible with Sizzix, QuicKutz Revolution, Cuttlebug and most other manual die cut machines.

Here is one of my actual scalloped nesties:



And here is the shape it cuts out:



The Spellbinder Nestabilities make perfect backgrounds for stamps, actual scalloped circle cards, LO's, and the list goes on and on. They are also terrific for gift tags and Christmas is right around the corner!

I wanted to show you how versatile the Scalloped Circles are by making 2 very different cards using my Nesties.

My first card is a very feminine scalloped circle card. I used my biggest scalloped circle Nestie to make the front and back of my card then cut out a smaller scalloped circle to "nest" on the front.



Then I decided to make a masculine card. How can scalloped circles be masculine? Take a look:



My Spellbinder Nestabilities are a go to product on most every card I make. Visit the Die Cuts R Us Store for some great discounts on these and more Spellbinder products.

6 comments:

Carole Beath said...

Amber, I love your Nestie cards. I so love my Nesties. They are make each project shine and your two cards show a great example.
Carole

Cara said...

Amber, very sweet cards! I love the Dad card, great use of the Nestie!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Love your spotlight on the Nesties, Amber!
Your cards are gorgeous! Love them both! Very sweet!

Happy New Moon Day everyone :*)
~ margie

LORi said...

Great job Amber~!!!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Amber, your "happily ever after" card is just beautiful...love your added bling flourish.

Smiles!
Gwen

Unknown said...

The best...Nesties lesson I have ever had...honestly. Those cards are beautiful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin